Inclement Weather 2023-2024
Dear Parents, Guardians, and Caregivers,
With colder, unpredictable winter weather looming, the CDSBEO would like to take a moment to remind families of the Board’s approach, in conjunction with Student Transportation of Eastern Ontario (STEO), as it relates to inclement weather and the transportation of students for the 2023-24 school year.
- When school transportation is cancelled due to poor weather conditions or impending winter weather, CDSBEO schools will remain open to staff and students.
- Should your child/children not attend school on an inclement weather day, please ensure to contact the school. Safety of our students is always a top priority.
- Cancellation announcements will be made by 6:15 a.m.
Parents, guardians, and students can check if transportation is cancelled in the following ways:
- Broadcast by local media outlets.
- STEO’s website at www.steo.ca and clicking on the link “Bus Delays or Cancellations.”
- STEO’s free Bus Planner App for your Apple or Android device. Use the access code STEO.
- STEO’s Parent Portal for email updates on delays and cancellations (alerts) specific to your child’s transportation. Visit www.steo.ca and scroll down to PARENT PORTAL LOGIN to create an account.
- STEO Facebook page or on X (Twitter) @steo_news and @steocancels
- STEO’s inclement weather hotline at 866-629-0629 (updated no later than 6:15 a.m.)
- CDSBEO social media pages:
- Facebook Catholic District School Board of Eastern Ontario | Facebook
- Instagram @cdsbeo
- X (Twitter) @cdsbeo
Additional information may also be found on our website at www.cdsbeo.on.ca.
Thank you,Catholic District School Board of Eastern Ontario