Holy Name of Mary Catholic School Council has a mandate to:
• provide opportunities for parents to be more involved in the education of their children;
• develop a mission statement and annual goals;
• evaluate success in achieving those goals;
• encourage a positive social environment in the school;
• foster good relations among parents, staff, parish, students, school board and the local community;
• be a positive voice for Catholic Education in the local community; and
• provide information in a number of areas to the Principal, Staff and Board of Trustees where applicable.
The Catholic School Council is made up of many different members — parents/guardians, one teacher representative, one non-teaching staff member, one community representative, one parish representative, the Parish Priest and the Principal. Meetings take place four to eight times throughout the school calendar year. All parents are encouraged to attend!
Please see the Monthly Calendar section for future Catholic School Council meeting dates.