Catholic School Council Summit – New Date
We are happy to announce that a new date has been chosen for the CDSBEO Catholic School Council Summit, which is put on by the board’s Parent Involvement Committee (PIC). Please mark your calendars for Thursday, December 8th, 2016 at St. Michael CHS in Kemptville. This is a very informative evening with many great workshops to choose from. Supper will be provided as well at no cost.
We would love for you to take part in this FREE evening. If you are interested in attending, please RSVP by email to Dan Lesser at firstname.lastname@example.org.
December 8th, 5:30–8:00 pm at St. Michael Catholic High School in Kemptville.
Educational workshops for parents on topics such as:
- Trading Places: Taking a Seat at Your Child’s Desk, with Lynda Colgan, author of Inspiring Your Child to Learn and Love Mathematics, and Associate Professor of Elementary Mathematics Education, Graduate Faculty, Queen’s University
- Understanding Your Child’s Math Homework
- Helping Struggling Students Develop a Math Growth Mindset
- Assistive Technology for Supporting Students Struggling in Math
- Math Games that Promote Purposeful Practice
- LEGO Play/Intentional Strategies for Parents
- 5:30 – 6:30 – Dinner
- 6:30 – 6:45 – Welcome
- Opening Prayer
- Greetings from Jason Harps, Chair, Parent Involvement Committee
- Greetings from Brent Laton, Chair of the Board
- Greetings from Doug Tateishi, Education Officer, Ministry of Education
- Greetings from Wm. J. Gartland, Director of Education
- 6:50 – 7:25 Workshop 1
- 7:30 – 8:05 Workshop 2
- 8:10 Refreshments
Please see the attached flyer for more information:
Leave a Reply